Saturday, February 27, 2010

2010 HATES me!

**Contains alot of complaining and whining!**I have been sick basically all of 2010! I got a sinus infection the first week in January. I took antibiotics for 5 days and felt better for a few days. Two days after I got off the antibiotics I got sick AGAIN and had to get a steroid shot, and stronger antibiotics that I had to take for 10 days. The day I stopped taking the antibiotics I went to the ER because I had bad pain under my right rib and was nauseous every time I ate or drank. I was severely dehydrated and it took them 3 tries before they could start an IV. They took blood and found out my white blood count was elevated. Normal is 10 or below and mine was 14. They gave me two different pain medicines, and of course I had an allergic reaction to them. So I started itching all over my face and neck. REAL GOOD TIME! I then had a sonogram, cat scan, and x-rays. The doctor couldn't really figure out what was going on, so they gave me morphine and sent me home after 12 hours. I got the stomach virus the next night and was in the bathroom for the next 12 hours. Have I mentioned that 2010 is not my year! I went to my GI doctor in Birmingham 2 days later. He did blood work and sent me to the hospital for a HIDI scan. It's a 2 and a half hour test that checks your gall bladder function. The test was AWFUL!! Not only did it make my stomach hurt, but it also made me nauseous. My test results came back two days later and my gall bladder function was 2.2 and 35 or above is normal. My doctor wanted to do an endoscopy 4 days later, to make sure I didnt have any ulcers. They also took a biopsy from my stomach. Everything came back normal, so my doctor scheduled a consultation with a surgeon for the next week. I went to the surgeon on Tuesday and he scheduled surgery to remove my gall bladder for Monday. I don't really remember much from after surgery except that I felt like I was going to throw up. I was so sick that my doctor decided to admit me into the hospital. I have never felt so sick in my life. I stayed in the hospital until the next day around lunch. I have had a really hard time since then. I haven't been able to keep food down. I finally got some medicine to make the nausea go away and I was able to keep baby food down. I try really hard to stay positive and not complain about my health issues, but lately its been very hard not to. The last few months have just been hard and frustrating. Enough complaining for now~! Please keep my in your thought and prayers!!

3 comments:

The Locketts said...

First time blog-visiting in forever!!! I'm sorry you've been so sick. :( I wish I could fix it with cookies like I used to. Sad times! Just know I'm here when you need to complain! It's what friends are for!! Love you!

wedding photography Melbourne said...

Splendid work. Your writing is top notch.

Anonymous said...

Keep you spirits up and I will keep you in our prayers!!

http://greetingsvirginia.com/realty/search.php